Remember this client with the great pieces of furniture that she had gotten?
I don't have a larger photo of her sofa, but this is a photo I had taken that will give you an idea.
The sofa is Bernhardt that she had gotten at HomeGoods for a steal a few years ago. It's got a nice shape and a really great neutral fabric, BUT it had too many big blah pillows. We had already removed a few of the pillows in the photo above and it made a world of difference - a FREE update! By removing some of the pillows, we created a sleeker profile of the sofa and now we're going to bring in some fun pattern. As you can see we already started playing around with some pattern.
We also saw this fabric at the Philly Magazine show house back in September that my client really liked as well, so we're including a smaller animal type fabric into the scheme.
And in addition to the update in fabrics, my client also was fortunate to pick up these really cool etching prints from a local printer that she works with. They are mostly all local scenes that were originally done my Salvatore Pinto, a well known local artist from the early to mid 20th century. This one below happens to be a New York scene with the Statue of Liberty there to the left, but you get the idea of how cool these are and how great they will look framed and hung gallery style in her living room.
And below is the fabric scheme I've proposed...
**Side note - I just started working in Power Point for doing my design boards and it is awesome. I learned some handy new shortcuts and really liking the ease and simplicity of it all. I'm also able to manipulate sizes and looks much easier than I was before in Olioboard. I see another post coming regarding design board construction.
The fabrics at the top left and top right are for each of the chairs. The top left is for the accent chair you saw at the very top of the post and the top right is for the wingback chair - this isn't the final fabric but it's a consideration.
The fabrics below that are what I've proposed for the pillows on the sofa. My client really liked the idea of having bolsters at either end of the sofa, so we've repeated the accent chair fabric for the bolsters and then mixed in some more pattern for the other pillows. It's going to be quite fabulous.
Two posts already this week - woo hoo! It feels good to be back.